Sunday, 31 July 2011

Love or Lust


Life has changed drastically in the last one year.  Chennai has contributed much to my experience- A city which I always hated for wrong reasons. Food, language, accommodation, weather, and the list go on. Well all these can be compromised with, at some point of time but the biggest problem of this very city is frustration!!

Well to cope with such frustration human has been discovering different options. That’s what make human different from animal. An animal behaves in a set pattern and that is what makes them vulnerable to attack, and that’s the reason enough to be unlike them.  We are living in a modern world. So does it mean we are clever and mature enough to coin new ethics? Yes but that needs to be approved and accepted by the society.

In this age of openness and high thinking, getting into a relationship has become the best option for the age group of 16-25, in order to enjoy their life. Well never mind people getting into a relationship, but what about breaking of some relationship on grounds of, or, in the lust of something better or attractive. This is something which is giving me sleepless nights. In a relationship after a while we tend to take our loved ones for granted and get attracted to people who are unknown entities with undiscovered traits which prove to be exciting for us for a moment.

Where are the cultures, ethics and etiquette gone which we had learnt in our childhood. Or is it the fault of our parents who had deprived us from the right education about life. Being a guru in science or mathematics or any other subject doesn’t make anyone of us educated. The actual education is to learn the way to lead a life with dignity and self respect.

Life doesn’t end at twenty five!!! The actual life starts thereafter. All through my engineering days I could rarely find a guy or gal single. The moment someone breaks out of a relationship he or she can find his next love waiting. What a mutual understanding..!! Four years of relationship cannot be worthless. There are love and romance, and above all emotional involvement which are reason enough to respect it.
At the time we were parting from the college one can see tears in the eyes of the love birds. They looked real and who knows they might be real. But life in a different city demands new and adventurous relationship for a particular class of people.

Relationship among this age group, in today’s sense is just a lust. Do we ever try to break up with our parents? Yes there are cases but negligible. And if enquired those are also due to our wrong culture and ethics or at times it is also inspired from the wrong way of getting into a relationship. Can any one of us imagine to be born from a womb of a person who had been in relationship with more than one person over a span of time?

Well apart from being a divorcee or, being a widow at some point of time or for any other legal reasons which the society accepts it is NO, a big NO!!!  I know I can find a unanimous NO!!! But for the people who would love to be one of them, but they were not fortunate enough to have this privilege; I would say it’s never too late. Go ahead and get into a relationship with a guy or a gal who possess such quality. Although you cannot be one to have that privilege but your offspring will definitely have. You are the one who can lead the slut march in India which Canada is witnessing at present. You are the living example of an uncultured citizen of a country which was once known for its rich culture and exemplary ethics.

Well reality is too hard to face at times. This blog is inspired from my personal experience and it has nothing to do with any person in particular. The only intention is to survey what the people thinks, which could be useful in molding my personal thinking and ethics.

Sometime ago one of my friend had to break up with his girlfriend. They were known to be one of the best couple in the college who were at times called as spouse. I had multiple conversations with both of them but of no use. The girl had made her mind to break up. All of a sudden the guy started to look ugly to her, the reason being she found a new boyfriend. So the breakup was inevitable. Long distance murdered yet another relationship.

I was almost mad and found it really tough to digest. I discussed this with many of my female friend including my best female friend. The reason I found out was still not enough for me to understand. She tried to make me aware of the female psychology. According to her, girls need support! Existence in an unknown city far from acquaintance makes life difficult and vulnerable for the fairer sex. Females had to face innumerable challenges. Life is like a battle for them, and at times its better to submit oneself to a single guy for some period of time, who will definitely get his share but at the same time will prove himself to be a savior as well. It is better to suffer at the hand of one guy than to face this male dominated society.

Alas!! I was shocked for a moment. Is it ethically right to do so? Is it permissible? Has the world become such a bad place to live in? Do you accept this? HaHHHThe answer was quite expected, and off course unsatisfactory…That is how life goes on!!Just move on. Grow up Nawed!!! These are quite normal and nothing matters at all.

Unsatisfied I had no other option, but to move on..And it is not a long time after that incident when I could see the replay of the same incident by the hand of my so called BEST FRIEND who had sometime made me aware of general female psychology.  Her words still reverberate in my ears. Was it right???Or you need to make me aware of some other female psychology this time? (The girl in question has been in relation since a long time with the consent of their families and was planning to get married soon)

I am tired of convincing her not to fall in such ditch over and over again. But the love, rather than I would like to call it as her “lust” (because it is not her first or second love), is so vigorous that she is totally blind. I wonder the strength God gives in such situation. She is all prepared to put any relationship at stake. All values of life and friendship are put aside. All that she need is ---…never know!!!

It is really painful and hard to face realty. It is difficult to hear people addressing one of your best friends by nouns and adjectives appropriate for their behavior. And over all I am afraid of using those nouns and adjective for the person whom I really adored sometime.

Whatever it be I would say there is a loss of shame and dignity among the younger generation. I do not deny people falling in love but what we are experiencing in our vicinity is totally unethical. It is something which, not only I had experienced but it’s a story of each and every one of us. Lucky are the people who do not have a direct impact, but off course somewhere, some part of our life we experience such incidents in our friend circle. I would have rather noticed and experienced it and would have taken precautionary measures to avoid such circumstances in future, but I would like to know the views of the people of my generation regarding such behavior. What according to you guys, are right and wrong. Weather these are my conservative thinking which made me to make a mountain out of molehill.

Friends it’s high time, all we need is to come forward and raise our voice against any unethical activities. Life is short, but that doesn’t mean it should be just like anything. We are grown up and are ready to take the responsibility of the nation. We are the one who will be exemplary figures for the generation to come and be a motivation for the youths. We need to pass on the right message for the generations to come in order to be at peace at our death bed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment